Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jealousy.

On Turning Ten
By Billy Collins
"It is time to say good-bye to my imaginary friends"

I'm not a big poetry person. I never have been. And to be honest, I wasn't super excited about this assignments.

But I like Billy.

He can write about things in his poetry and still make sense. He doesn't have to write in the cryptic code of poetry.

I love the line above from his poem On Turning Ten.
This year has been a year of decisions and growing up. I have had to come to terms with the fact that my life is continuing whether I like it or not.

I decided to just accept it and love ever minute of it. I didn't want to let go of still being a kid and "saying good-bye to my imaginary friends" but that's what happens.
It happens. To everyone.
And I just have to keep on living and not sulk in the past.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture to go with the great poem. Good job on this assignment. You connected the poem to yourself.

    ReplyDelete