Monday, April 25, 2011

Gandhi

I keep forgetting that I'm happy.
I move from day to day doing the normal things
and forget that those normal things,
are the things that make my life great.
Something inside my head takes over and speeds through the day,
the week, the month, the years.
I don't have control over it,
I have to remind myself,
to stop and take time to really think about it all.
When will we ever own ourselves completely?
when we don't have to reevaluate and remind ourselves we're happy?
when we have take control of the to do lists running through our minds?
Do we always have to stop and think about it?
To think about how everything in our lives is just fine
and that I am on the fortunate side compared to a lot of other people.
I compare myself.
It's natural for teenagers, isn't it?
Or am I the only one.
Tonight I realize,
That I can be happy whenever I want to be happy.
I won't have to think about it.
I'll just be it.
This is not the first time this thought has enlightened me.
and tonight is not the last time I'll see that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment